Coastal music Makers Get Band Wagon!
Thanks to major gifts from many coastal businesses and foundations as well as the generous support of patrons, the Oregon Coast Chamber Orchestra has been able to purchase a cargo trailer. The trailer will be used to transport the musical instruments and other equipment needed for the groups frequent school and concert appearances.
- The following foundations and corporate donors have been significant contributors to the success of this project:
- Douglas County Cultural Coalition
- Fred Meyer Corporation
- Lincoln County Cultural Coalition
- Siletz Tribal Charitable Fund
- The Western Lane Community Foundation.
Some additional work is required to finish the interior of the vehicle so that the tympani and other large instruments will be safely housed for travel. Additional funds are necessary to complete this phase of the project.
News item part of May, 2011 Mother's Day concert